Who we are
EDUCON Prague is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit association of citizens, individual and legal persons according to the Czech Republic law No. 83/90. The mandate of EDUCON is to facilitate sharing of know-how, information and experience from various areas of the Czech Republic economy, including providing technical assistance to developing and transition countries. Its goal is to improve the level of knowledge and know-how of managers and specialists from institutions, educational organisations, non-governmental and private sector from the Czech Republic and from developing and transition countries. In order to fulfil its mission and to achieve the objectives declared, EDUCON orients its activities mainly in the following areas:
- organising educational courses and study tours for managers and specialists from institutions, universities and firms and experts from the Czech Republic and from developing countries,
- organising and realising advisory and consulting missions in developing countries,
- upon request, providing the information from particular areas of the Czech Republic economy,
- systematic providing indispensable information and information databases up-dates,
- maintaining and developing the co-operation within a network of institutions, firms and experts and the database of lectures,
- organising the agreed common events of its members,
- providing the agreed services to its members,
- systematic creating and innovating the necessary professional and material capacities.
EDUCON was established as a non-governmental organisation. EDUCON has been established by persons with long-term experience in the area of providing of development assistance and co-operation with the UN agencies.
Czechia against Poverty
Since its start in 2005 is EDUCON one of the coordinators of the campaign Czechia against Poverty (Česko proti chudobě) - Czech version of the global campaign Make Poverty History.
The campaign is a coalition of NGOs and other organizations which work together to raise awareness of global poverty and achieve policy change by the government. It focus on issues relating to Millennium Development Goal (MDGs). Its main symbol is a white ribbon. More on www.ceskoprotichudobe.cz
Czech Development Cooperation Forum
EDUCON is a founding member of the Czech Development Cooperation Forum, an interest group of legal persons, associating Czech non-government organizations acting in the area of the international development cooperation, development education and humanitarian assistance.
Czech climate coalition
EDUCON is a member of the Czech climate coalition - a platform of Czech Non-Governmental Organisations working in the areas of environment protection, development cooperation and humanitarian aid. It was founded in 2007 and its role is to raise awareness about climate change as a serious problem that affects people and ecosystems in the Czech Republic and worldwide.